Thursday, December 27, 2007

Accepted into the Artistic Guild of the WPJA


So, I really don't spend my days entering every contest I can Google, but a Getting Ready image I documented in July (7.7.7) placed in the Artistic Guild competion for the Third Quarter this year. The Artistic Guild is for those who excel at not only documenting the event, but also in the post processing of digital images. To become a member, you have to place in a category, and this image did! I was flipping through so many inspiring images, and then this one came up and I was like, "Hey...that looks like Anneka's picture....hey wait....I took that...OH!" I am now one of three Missouri Wedding Photojournalists in the Artistic Guild and thought I'd share the big new with everyone. This particular image, just has a bit of additional lightening and darkening that I did, her strong silhouette was just a stunning contrast to the soft mist. I am so glad this image came through for them as it really added to the 'primping' chapter of their day.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

WHOA!! That's awesome!!!