Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Schtudio



After a few months of prepping, flooring, painting, and using fancy powertools that could take off a finger, our studio is now our new work home. Wouldn't it be cool if this whole building was ours? But it's just upstairs, where we share the floor with Maya Yoga and Brickhouse Studio. We're located in the Crossroads Arts District on 18th Street, in between Wyandotte and Cental. (Just west of YJ's and the Birdie's with the glowing pink underwear.) We kind of live here a lot, but do call ahead to make sure we're about before popping in.

A bit about the building: It was built in the 1920's, I believe, and was a screening house for Walt Disney. There were even some old film reels in the basement we found while playing adventure down there. There's some really neat vintage movie posters all about the buiding. One of my favorite details, is the gentlemen and ladies writing on the bathrooms. More pictures of cool things around here to come!

4 comments:

Aaron & Heather said...

That's awesome for you guys! You should let me bring out some coffee and get a tour sometime.

-Aaron

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

lionsaoi said...

Awesome! I'm so sorry we missed the dry run for First Friday.

Peter said...

Wauw, wat een geweldige Stoel box