Monday, August 20, 2007

Blue Window Invitations

One of our recent projects, and a personally exciting one, is making our invitation design more accessible to all, no matter the geographic location. Up to this point we have dealt with custom designs for couples that see what we've done and want us to design something unique for them. I love designing invitations for a few reasons.

Firstly, is the format. With the exception of a few, we have designed self-mailing invitations. Meaning: no envelope needed. Just fold, seal, address and mail. I think this is such a great way to present an event's first impression. It'll look great on the fridge, stand out from the normal black on white with white border invite, and less environmental waste is a bonus. (No envelopes to throw away.) We also build in the RSVP card so that they just tear it off, and mail it back as a postcard. I enjoy the challenge of making something functional, beautiful as well.

Second: Although I enjoy a nicely arranged clean layout, I adore the curves, ornate images, and patterns that I get to play with. Equally indulgent, is when I get to incorporate weathered textures and incredible typefaces. Once I did a couple for friends, I started designing invitations just for fun when I found something inspiring. Then decided it would be a long time, if ever, before I got burnt out on these. Hence, Blue Window Invitations was created.




So this is kind of a sneak peak as to what our new division, soon functional at http://www.invitebluewindow.com/ , will be showcasing. With any luck, we'll be able to get the e-commerce all set up and available this fall. Check back for additional energetic updates! (If you are interested in invitations before then, just drop us a line: bluewindowcreative@gmail.com )

No comments: