Thursday, August 16, 2007

Melissa + Nathan

It seems we don't cover many morning weddings, but this one made me want to seek out more of them! (Although I woke us up way early thinking we needed 2 hours to get dressed and 1 to drive 5 minutes to the Simpson House http://www.simpsonhouse.net/ ) It was quite a different atmosphere. Guests were just hanging out and talking, having brunch, a little ceremony in the garden concluded by a procession led by the violinist. Gerber daisies and a simple dress; Melissa was determined to have a wedding dress she would be able to wear to the market if she wanted. And, no offense to other delicious cakes I've enjoyed, probably the most inventively, tasty cake. It was Pistachio cake with Blackberry filling, coated with Chocolate Gnoch (I think that's spelled correctly.) that had just a little bit of Cayenne pepper in it. I was envious of the leftovers they had to take home. Here are a few images from their preview for your viewing pleasure:


This was where I 'hid out' for most of the wedding while Joel shot from the front. It was such an cool find, I had to take advantage. I was also quite proud of myself for not squealing and flailing my arms when I walked through several spiderwebs to get there.

I love this shot from Joel! It looks like it could be in a magazine from the 40's. It's actually a reflection in a mirror that he caught as they were exchanging gifts.

Also, she gave us one of the best compliments I think we've ever received. It was towards the end of the day and she said, "You guys are doing such a great job. Several of my family members have asked me why I didn't hire a wedding photographer."

No comments: